Week 1

This week kicks of my half ironman training. I am starting early b/c I am anticipating plenty of bumps in the road since i will be finishing up my last year of nursing school at the same time.

Tuesday 9-29-09


Bike 15.9miles/57:15 minutes/16.6mph

I spent the first 20 minutes doing a light spin, to get my legs back in the game. Then I spent 20 minutes in a lower gear, pushing harder, ending with a nice easy cool down.


This may have been the most beautiful day that Okalahoma has had all year. So I packed up Lizzy (my bike) and hit the lake. If you have ever been to lake hefner you know that the wind tends to blow about 20mph faster than anywhere else out there. Today was SO still and a little bit chilly...PERFECT.

Run 1.5 miles
about 30 minutes before this run I ate a baked sweet potato. Still hungry (and not thinking about the run I was about to do) I drank a protein shake. This turned out to be one of my bigger brain farts of the day. .5 miles into the run I remebered why I usually dont eat 30 minutes before a run, much less a tater and a shake. Needless to say this run was cut short. I also forgot my ipod and my watch, so no time for this run.


Thursday 10-1-09
Run 3 miles
This was at the Y track

Lift 21's
DB fly
lat raise
straight arm pull down
presdown
cable curl
leg extension
leg curl
sit up
*I applied the typical bi-curl 21 method to all of these lifts.



Friday 10-2-09






Friday was mine and Mace's 5th anniversary. We spent the day wandering around the city window shopping. Then we went to La Baguette and split some AWESOME bread pudding :)







Saturday 10-3-09

Run 2.8 miles/26 minutes/ 9:17 pace
This is the run that I mapped out around my house using mapmyrun.com.











Comments